Re: Oracle connection problems (MS SQL Reporting Services)

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_sqlserverfaq.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:54:27 +0100

If you are developing and testing the reports locally on your development machine then you'll no doubt have the Oracle drivers etc... set up, when you run the report locally it runs locally - it does not use the server Reporting Services.

When you deploy, it deploys to the server and when you browse to the report it runs on the server.

It a nutshell - make sure you have all the necessary connection strings, drivers blah blah set up and working on the server running Report Services and not just your development desktop.

--
Tony Rogerson
SQL Server MVP