Re: Transfer data from oracle to oracle using sqlplus only

From: Heinz <billreyn_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Aug 2006 03:33:31 -0700

Thanks G Quesnel there's some good tips in your reply to me even though its not exactly what I am looking for in all respects.

Sure, I can edit a spool file with data, then sqlplus that data into a table,
but I want an sql + spool that does the same every time so that I can do the same process often (I work on user incidents and need to quickly get their data frim one oracle db - the production one- to the other oracle db - the test/development one.

I should simply run an sql file thats finds the spool file with the data and sticks that data into the table. I am nearly there thanks to you guys. SQLLDR might be useful except that it produces a dos never ending scroll screen - you know the one - you have to ctrl +c it to make it stop its crazy scrolling. Its a kind of Microsoft revenge on
Unix users thing. eg Try cmd in a bat file, open it and sometimes it you get a nice dos prompt, other times it scrolls down repeating the command like crazy and won't stop! My sqlldr does that! Received on Thu Aug 31 2006 - 05:33:31 CDT