perl connection "/ as sysdba" doesn't work for me on solaris

From: Tasm <tasm_at_tasm.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:34:26 +1000

I'm trying to connect "/ as sysdba" (without using a username or password) as the documentation says
http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBD-Oracle/Oracle.pm

I can connect as follows:

sqlplus '/ as sysdba'

but not using the following perl example from the same oracle account

$dsn = "dbi:Oracle:"; # no dbname here
$ENV{ORACLE_SID} = "orcl"; # set ORACLE_SID as needed
delete $ENV{TWO_TASK}; # make sure TWO_TASK isn't set
$dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, "", "", { ora_session_mode => ORA_SYSDBA });

The above perl results in the following error message:

DBI->connect failed: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied (DBD ERROR: OCISessionBegin)

The DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL lists the failed logon username as OPS$ORACLE.

I'm trying this on Solaris 8 on a 8.1.7.4 database with the following version of perl -v

This is perl, v5.6.0 built for sun4-solaris

Whenever I use a username and password with my perl scripts I don't have a problem ; however, I would like to be able to connect without usernames and password in the same way as I can connect from sqlplus. Received on Thu Aug 31 2006 - 00:34:26 CDT