Re: How to determine which is the master node in RAC cluster?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:54:07 -0700

wagen123_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> master node reference - please lookup OCR Automatic Backups Are Not
> Generated On all the nodes Note ID; 357262.1
>
> OCR Automatic backups are taken by only the master node.

This document possibly conflicts with itself.

It starts off with:
Applies to:
Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 10.1.0.1.0 to 10.2.0.1.0 This problem can occur on any platform.

But ends with:
Oracle release 10.2 has OCR mirroring feature.

I can most certainly think of good reasons to use 10.2 rather than 10.1 none of which relate to this note.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington