Re: 10g Recycle Bin

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:09:56 -0700

Michael42 wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Thanks for the responses - what a great feature!
>
> Extending this a bit, is you have "Enable Row Movement" set to Yes, are
> there any downsides to this? The reason is to be able to use the
> Flashback Table PIT option.
>
> I guess the obvious question is why would one not do this for all
> tables?
>

> Thanks again,
>
> Michael

Not one I can think of that would affect my decision to use it. But one feature you have not mentioned that has a cost of 6 bytes per row and in my opinion is worth the price of admission is: ROWDEPENDENCIES which allow for the use of the new ORA_ROWSCN pseudocolumn.

Demo in Morgan's Library at www.psoug.org under ORA_ROWSCN.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington