Re: How to determine which is the master node in RAC cluster?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 30 Aug 2006 14:49:52 -0700

wagen123_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> master node reference - please lookup OCR Automatic Backups Are Not
> Generated On all the nodes Note ID; 357262.1
>
> OCR Automatic backups are taken by only the master node.

Looks to me as if you need to volley your question back to oracle support for a definite answer.

I guess one way of answering it based on the doc id cited ( interesting thanks ) is that the OCR Master is the one that the backups are occuring on. Maybe some ocr utility will give the node that is the OCR master ( did you look at running the command ocrconfig with the backup option and if that let's you identify which is the master ? ).

But to me, to be honest, sounds like yet another reason to stay away from OCR. Received on Wed Aug 30 2006 - 16:49:52 CDT