Re: OEM GUI

From: Matthias Hoys <anti_at_spam.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:34:40 +0200

"hpuxrac" <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:1156962943.074199.89580_at_m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

> hpuxrac wrote:
>> mike7411_at_gmail.com wrote:
>> > I installed Oracle 10g Enterprise Edition. However, I can't find the
>> > OEM GUI that I'm used to. Anyone know how to get to this?
>> >
>> > Thank you.
>>
>> The short answer is that oracle has ditched the old GUI and long live
>> the new GUI ( web based now instead of java based ).
>>
>> Or you can still use the old GUI against 10g.
>
> Sorry should have added there are 2 choices, use an old 9i OEM against
> 10g or install the 10g client which I think includes the ( is it
> enhanced at all for 10g ? ) old OEM.

Incorrect, the 9i OEM is incompatible with 10g. But you can install the stand-alone Java-based Enterprise Manager console from the 10g companion CD, although it is slower and has less functionalities than the 9i EM stand-alone console. However, I would recommend you learn to use the web-based db console (http://hostname:5500/em) that is be installed together with your 10g db. It's amazing what you can do with it, although it still lacks the functionality to order pizza :-)

Matthias Received on Wed Aug 30 2006 - 14:34:40 CDT