Re: Transfer data from oracle to oracle using sqlplus only

From: Heinz <billreyn_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2006 08:41:04 -0700

One oracle is on a domain in USA and the other oracle is on a domain in Germany. There is no connection between them, its all passworded out, ports blocked etc. All I have is remote desktop to both. (its a govt thing which explains the ridiculous scenario!)
I have remote connection to both but can only do dos sqlplus on both. I cannot 'link' them. All I can do is copy clipboard text from one to the other, via remote desktop. I cant ftp, telnet, install, nothing except remote desktop with no internet connection on either. So, I want to get single rows from one oracle db and insert them into the same table on the other oracle db.

Its not a lot of data, but rows from several tables, and I will do it a few times a week for different customer cases. Received on Wed Aug 30 2006 - 10:41:04 CDT