Re: Basic question :)

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:03:04 -0700

Mark A wrote:

> <DrewEHarris_at_gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Hello...I have a question for my Database class that I can't find on
>> the web if someone could be so kind:
>>
>> List some examples of database applications and explain the differences
>> in terms of the number of users and row size.
>>
>> If someone could just explain the differences between Oracle, DB2, SQL
>> Server, and Access, that'd be great (number of users and row size).
>>
>> -Drew
>>

> On DB2 V9 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows, the maximum number of users that can
> be connected is 64000 per database.

Let me see if can follow this one: Perhaps I need a roadmap. This is comp.databases.oracle.server and you posted a response that starts out "On DB2 V9." Perhaps I can return the favour in the db2 usenet group.

Now explain to the OP how they can do that with DB2 on Windows. ;-) Or maybe you meant DB2 on Linux. Can you do 64,000 connections there too?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington