Listener goes down

From: howard <pkowal74_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Aug 2006 10:54:37 -0700

Hi,

I'm having this problem where the listener just dies on my database. The database is fine meaning that I can sqlplus to the local box and see data. Also, when I do a 'ps -fu oracle' I see that the listener process is running and so are all of my instance related processes. Only problems is that client users can't connect. The network interface appears OK. When I try to stop the the listenter with a "lsnrctl stop" the command hangs on me. So I shut down the database cleanly and restart the OS. The OS is RHEL 3 and the db is 10.2.0.1.0

After the restart, everything starts fine.

This has happen twice in 3 days.

I have 3 apps servers that run a J2EE app that connects to this instance.

One thing I do see is that in the early hours of the morning (no one on the system), the system type CPU usage on the server jumps.

Has anyone ever run into this?

Thanks,

Howard Received on Tue Aug 29 2006 - 12:54:37 CDT