Re: Dynamic sql

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Aug 2006 10:10:25 -0700

devjnr_at_gmail.com wrote:
> fitzjarrell_at_cox.net ha scritto:
>
> > Post this link where dynamic sql is considered 'cool' in Oracle. I'd
> > like to see who stated such a fallacy.
>

> http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14261/dynamic.htm
>
> I read more advantages then disadvantages...
>
> The only bad thing noted is the "possible" sql injection.

That reference, as you know, is simply the PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference. They don't say 'this is cool, you should be doing it.' They say 'if you want to do this, here's how.' They may even go on to say 'here's the trade-offs of doing this.' Whether the trade-offs (or a particular trade-off) are 'good' or 'bad' is in the eye of the beholder, hopefully with one eye firmly fixed on the business requirements. Received on Tue Aug 29 2006 - 12:10:25 CDT