Re: Dynamic sql

From: Jim Kennedy <jim>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:03:40 -0700

<devjnr_at_gmail.com> wrote in message

http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14261/dynamic.htm

> I read more advantages then disadvantages...
>
> The only bad thing noted is the "possible" sql injection.

Notice they spend a lot of time showing how to use bind variables. There is a reason for that. If you don't use bind variables then performance will suffer greatly. I think they are documenting it because it is a feature and so many programmers don't understand that dynamic code generation can be detrimental to performance and sql injection. If you code sql and use the oci interface correctly you can build highly scalable, highly perfomant applications. Dynamic sql is for a few cases and should not be used in most cases.
Jim Received on Tue Aug 29 2006 - 10:03:40 CDT