Re: Error during 9.2.0.8 installation

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 29 Aug 2006 04:59:32 -0700

michael.nemoy_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get an error during 'Analyzing dependencies' phase while installing
> new 9.2.0.8 patchset on Windows
>
> --
> Certain files which need to be reinstalled by Oracle Universal
> Installer are being used by one or more running services.
>
> The following running services need to be shutdown before continuing:
> Automatic Updated
> Background Intelligent Transfer Service
> COM+
> Computer Browser
> DHCP Client
> DNS Client
> ..
> Server
> ..
> Workstation
> ..
>
> Help/Retry/Cancel
> --
>
> There is a full list of 38 services running on my machine
>
> 1) What is exactly the problem? What files is being locked?
> 2) How can I resolve this issue?

We don't run oracle on windows here but I think if you do some searching of this google newsgroup you will find some solutions here.

A site sys internals used to publish some free software that was useful in looking up stuff like this. It could search for dll's that were picked up by other services, let you stop services, etc.

I think install logs for windows should point you to what the oracle installer was having problems with. Received on Tue Aug 29 2006 - 06:59:32 CDT