Transfer data from oracle to oracle using sqlplus only

From: Heinz <billreyn_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Aug 2006 03:39:02 -0700

I have an oracle db on one system and another on a completely separate system
(no link between the two is possible).

I want to take parts of tables from one oracle db to the other
(specific customers data that is).

eg one row from several tables and stick the rows into the other oracle db.

I know about spooling, but what query reads from a spooled file and inserts the data
into a table??

I am very interested to know this as I cannot work it out myself!!

Heinz

ps I only have sqlplus on dos/unix screens to work with, and cannit install
anything. Received on Tue Aug 29 2006 - 05:39:02 CDT