urg pls help... migrate problem.....

From: peter <hhh.database_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Aug 2006 02:17:40 -0700

Hello Expert,

I am trying to migrate oracle 8i (8.1.5) to oracle 9i (9.0.1) on window XP sp2.
According to documentation I am doing all steps but I am facing in starting.

shutdown database with internal user.

  1. Install oracle 9i (9.0.1). 2)on dos prompt made new password file in (Oracle 9i) ORACLE_HOME/database/pwdhhh.ora. orapwd file="d:\oracle\ora90\database\pwdhhh.ora" password=dx
  2. oradim -delete -sid hhh
  3. oradim -new -sid hhh -intpwd dx
  4. set oracle_sid=hhh
  5. sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

then I am getting error here insuffi. privs. then I connect with sys/dx as sysdba
I changed parameter in parameter file like add db_cache_size but it is not able to recognise this parameter.

as well as
when I try to startup nomount with sys getting error insuff. privs. Please tell me what is the wrong step and what else step I can take to start it in nomount stage with new parameter. Received on Tue Aug 29 2006 - 04:17:40 CDT