Re: Configuring Oracle for JDBC

From: JMecc <jmecc_at_telus.net>
Date: 28 Aug 2006 18:11:01 -0700

It seems to work now!! I will run more tests to make sure that wasn't a fluke. After many modified files, Fedora would no longer boot, so I decided to start fresh from a new install and didn't install oracle until I got my networking going. This must have been the problem since this time once oracle was installed, I could connect to it.

After a reboot I can connect after:
1) /etc/init.d/network restart (to start the networking, although there is likely some way to add this line to the system startup) 2) Starting the db instance (in sqlplus / as sysdba) 3) Starting the listener (lsnrctl start)

Thank you IANAL_VISTA, Sybrand & joeNOSPAM Jo Received on Mon Aug 28 2006 - 20:11:01 CDT