Re: Configuring Oracle for JDBC

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 01:00:39 GMT

jmecc_at_telus.net wrote in

> You're right, but changing the 'HOST' in tnsnames.ora and listener.ora
> still doesn't allow the connection to be made despite the listener
> service starting without error in all cases. Although I have used (a
> bit) Linux and Oracle, I am new to setting both of them up so I may
> just be overlooking some parameter change or something.
>

>>From fresh error-free Linux & Oracle installations, what are the steps

> I need to take to make this machine accept JDBC connections? I am
> hoping someone knows a good tutorial; I have looked at many but they
> all explain how to install Linux/Oracle or how to use JDBC while none I
> have seen explain the part in the middle about getting this connection
> to work.
>
> Thanks,
> Jo

Here is a free clue, Oracle does not know or care about the flavor of the client connecting to the DB.
If any client can remotely connect to the database & a JDBC client can not connect, then the problem is with the JDBC client or network in between.

FWIW - http://asktom.oracle.com has many fine coding examples. Received on Sun Aug 27 2006 - 20:00:39 CDT