Re: Ora-6502 Error in assigining value to varchar2 out param

From: <debashish.majumdar_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2006 08:08:42 -0700

Hi,
  This Sp is modified a little. The same problem is still there.

  1 create or replace procedure checkit(a out varchar2) as   2 begin
  3 a := 'Deb';
  4* end;
SQL> var b varchar2
SQL> exec checkit(:b);
BEGIN checkit(:b); END;

*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
ORA-06512: at "XXKMA_PPS_30.CHECKIT", line 3 ORA-06512: at line 1

Thanks in advance
Deb