Re: failover JDBC thin driver connection in 10.2 RAC

From: cbarak <charlinbarak_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Aug 2006 17:15:23 -0700

Thanks, Joe. I got past the error message per your suggestion. However, I'm still not able to transparently failover my session using JDBC thin driver/FCF. I may have misunderstood what was being conveyed in this thread. Is it possible to transparently
failover a JDBC thin client connection using FCF?

I did a test where my java program connected to the database and queried on a data dictionary view. When I "shutdown abort" on the instance, the session failed with the following error messages. The java program ran on one of the RAC nodes. I've configured connection cache, FCF and ONS. I'm not sure what else that I've missed.

Any suggestions?

thanks.

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:146)

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:208)

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CMAREngine.unmarshalUB1(T4CMAREngine.java:1118)

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CMAREngine.unmarshalSB1(T4CMAREngine.java:1070)

        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:478)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.doOall8(T4CStatement.java:207)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeForDescribe(T4CStatement.java:790)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(OracleStatement.java:1039)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(T4CStatement.java:830)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1132)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeQuery(OracleStatement.java:1272)
        at test4.main(test4.java:40)