Re: Oracle 9.2.0.x Patches - Cnfused

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 25 Aug 2006 16:34:41 -0700

dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> I had already done that. All REDAME files lead to metalink. For example
> 9.2.0.7 patchset for Windows 32 platform, it refers to a metalink note
> 189908.1 (which I already had in my original mail). What I have been
> trying to point out that patches described in a link on this note are
> quite different than Windows platform only release notes (211268.1).
> That is very confusing and I am assuming that patches described in note
> 211260.1 are the ones implemented, but I still do not know whether
> patchset 9.2.0.7 includes Patch set 6 exceptions are not. I may have
> to contact Oracle support.

Somehow somewhere you are just not understanding or not trying very hard.

The documentation that accompanies the 9.2.0.7 says what bugs it fixed.  Some of those bugs are probably ones not fixed in the 9.2.0.6 original patchset but fixed eventually via one off's from the 9.2.0.6 base patchset.

Keep trying and you will figure it out eventually.

On the other hand, probably 9.2.0.8 is now out ( it was just released this week I believe for most platforms ) and 9.2.0.8 "probably" fixes anything missing that 9.2.0.7 did not have.

Of course 9.2.0.8 may introduce some other problems.

C'est la vie. Received on Fri Aug 25 2006 - 18:34:41 CDT