Re: Oracle DBA Job Opening in Boston

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 22:26:41 +0100

joel garry wrote:
> Unless they happen to start spamming me, because that is the
> only sponsor they can find. I'm colorblind about hating spammers,
> anyways. Does it make me racist if the majority of the spammers have
> Indian-subcontinent style names?
>
> jg

I refer you to http://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/countries.lasso as just one example. Not racist per se, but likely a poor conclusion.

now there are clearly many forms of spam, and you likely had abuse of the charter of the newsgroup in mind rather than spam per se, but given the number of offers I get for mortgages in USD and prescription drugs in USD far outweighs anything else I do put a significant amount of credence in these sorts of stats.

cheers

next time can't we discuss something controversial. like how to pronounce PL/SQL or something :(

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA