Re: Oracle Knowledge [was: Re: high through put system]

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2006 12:56:59 -0700

Robert Klemme wrote:

> ... and at the same time claiming "employees are our biggest asset".

At my former employer (well, now former once removed) part of everyone's new employee packet was a laminated "Corporate Philosophy". The opening line, first bullet point was "At <employer name>, people are our most valued asset."

When they annonced they were going to outsource us (Outsourceing One, as it turned out) we suggested it would be helpful to have weekly department-wide meetings to facilitate accurate communications of what was going to happen to us and answer any questions in an open forum. We were told there wasn't a room available that was big enough. When we suggested a particular over-size meeting room, the HR rep told us it wasn't available because it was full of t-shirts to be distributed for an upcoming promotion. By then end of the day, several people's "Corporate Philosophy" cards had been cleverly modified to read "At <employer name>, t-shirts are our most valued asset." Received on Fri Aug 25 2006 - 14:56:59 CDT