Re: ETL stuff, informatica

From: Jim Kennedy <jim>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 21:54:39 -0700

<soalvajavab1_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1156477492.996805.301320_at_74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...
> Guys, I need your help for some stupid questions. We had an
> informatica/ETL guy in our team and he just left the company without
> notice for some reasons. I know Oracle and DBA stuff to some extend but
> very newbie to ETL and informatica stuff we have.
>
> Can you direct me to:
>
> -- Informatica online help, forums, manuals?
>
> -- What is the main componets of informatica?
>
> -- Do you have any cheat sheet or snapshots as how I use informatica?
>
> --- How I basically start an informatca session?
>
> --- Can you give me one live example as how you really utilize
> informatica in your organization?
>
> I really appreciate your help

Informatica is an ETL tool. If you go to informatica.com you can access the online support if you have an account. We use it to extract financial infomation out of SAP for our datawarehouse. There is online help within the application. I assume you have the client part installed on your desktop? There are many pieces to informatica and while it isn't rocket science to use it would be rather difficult to describe how exactly do a whole slew of things. They do have a 3 or 4 day class and will even do it on site.
Jim Received on Thu Aug 24 2006 - 23:54:39 CDT