Migration Question: Rac 9i on Win2k --> 10g on RHEL4

From: <mpdsville1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Aug 2006 19:38:04 -0700

I wish to migrate my RAC 9i from windows to redhat RHEL4 I wish to upgrade my RAC from 9i to 10g

I'm in the early planning stage and fleshing out a plan. Looking at  the two as separate tasks, It seems to me that upgrading to  10g on the existing platform, then migrating to the new O/S  would be best, as I wouldn't have any 9i remnants to clean up  on the new platform.

I'm soliciting input specifically on the sequence. Upgrade RAC then migrate or migrate to linux then upgrade rac?

Thanks Received on Thu Aug 24 2006 - 21:38:04 CDT