Re: Replication performance - how to measure it ?

From: diesel <mjan_at_interia.pl>
Date: 24 Aug 2006 14:27:04 -0700

> And if you don't have Books Online installed, here's a link to the
> internet copy: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms152751.aspx
>
> --
> Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP

Thanks for fast reply, guys.
Hugo, thanks for the link about MS SQL Server monitoring :)

DA Morgan&fitzjarrell, you're right. I'm sorry, my mistake. Oracle version is 10gR2 10.2.0.1.0, IBM DB2 v8.1.7 and Microsoft product will be probably MS SQL Server 2005

At present I've got configured replication only for DB2, as concerns Oracle - I'm working on it.
Actually, I'm going to test almost all kinds of replication method offered by these RDBMS,
so I need the most uniwersal benchmark&monitoring tool for this. I know that it's hard to advice, but believe me that since a few days I'm just searching&looking for information about a software or procedure to evaluate replication performance. On usenet, ftp's, WWW, P2P, DBA forums, etc. well, just everywhere. But it seems, that not a lot of admins need to make a replication tests.
Thats why I decided to ask for help here .

Cheers,
Mark Received on Thu Aug 24 2006 - 16:27:04 CDT