Re: ASM on Linux with SAN : yes or no ?

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Aug 2006 07:07:41 -0700

Hi Mathias,

We have been running ASM for six months for a 2TB data warehouse on AS 4.0 (Eight CPU) on an EMC DMx without an issue. The rebalancing when you add disk scan be a pain (it took six hours to rebalance when we added a 100GB LUN, allowing it to be useable space), but other than that, it works like a charm.

Regards,

Steve