Re: Encrypting data witth TDE Oracle 10g

From: Fred <dripaux_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Aug 2006 01:41:02 -0700

Hi all, very interesting talk ... no ?
Sorry for my poor english ...

I just want to demonstrate to my customer that encrypt data is not a real solution, but i want also explain to him that's possible. I just want to undestand how encrypt data work.

So, i'm ok with you with VPD, but if we want a more secure database, we must try to encrypt data. We must demonstrate that encrypt data is not possible because of poor perf.

So, have you a paper which explain how to encrypt column (and not just a string) with DBMS_CRYPTO. Should we use HASH with DBMS_CRYPT on each column.

How we do the link between user, key management, with DBMS_CRYPTO ? we want to use certificate , is it possible with Oracle ?

Fred