Re: Oracle DBA Job Opening in Boston

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2006 17:37:44 -0700

Niall Litchfield wrote:
> kinn wrote:
> > I just flip when I see that visa transfer crap
> >
> > "DA Morgan"
> >> Was this language necessary? We don't need another omlet/xg.
> >> That position has already been filled.
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >

> for good old fashioned racist reasons? Or because you are economically
> illiterate?

Since there has been a great deal of abuse of certain visa programs, having a simple negative reaction to them does not necessarily imply either racism or economic illiteracy. It might be such, and sometimes is. It certainly seems to elicit claims of racism from the mere posting of the facts, very ironic if it the post was not intended to be racist. I for one hate the abuse of the program, not the poor abused people who have to live in fear of not being able to find another sponsor. Unless they happen to start spamming me, because that is the only sponsor they can find. I'm colorblind about hating spammers, anyways. Does it make me racist if the majority of the spammers have Indian-subcontinent style names?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
MAPS http://www.trygve.com/glossary.html