Re: Dataguard recovery - corrupted log files

From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk_at_gmx.net>
Date: 23 Aug 2006 15:15:00 -0700

James3678_at_gmail.com wrote:

> Is zero data loss unrealistic with the distance we are transferring?

the question is, how much performance are you willing to sacrifice? if you cannot afford to lose any data, you must use LGWR SYNC AFFIRM for log transport. and this will certainly costs you performance, depending on bandwith and latency of your line.

> Does zero data loss effectively require maximum protection mode?

yes, how else could you guarantee zero data loss?

regards,
-ap Received on Wed Aug 23 2006 - 17:15:00 CDT