Re: No more Oracle Standard Edition for VMS

From: JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot_at_teksavvy.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:35:14 -0400

DA Morgan wrote:
> Personally I'd move to Linux as fast as I could. Consider the
> tremendous financial savings for support as well as the fact
> that patches will show up far faster.

If VMS management do not do something to keep Oracle on VMS and in fact grow its presence on VMS, I think it may in fact signal the true end of VMS. It will send a strong signal.

Remember that there is that suppposed 10 billion buck fund to help port software. If HP isn't going to use any of it to help VMS, then it also sends quite a strong signal about HP's intentions with reagrds to VMS. With that 10 billion fund, you'd think tyhey would have already givenm a big grant to Tom Linden to port PL1 to VMS-IA64 already. Received on Wed Aug 23 2006 - 12:35:14 CDT