Re: InstantClient for x64

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2006 10:30:14 -0700

CJM wrote:
> "Laurenz Albe" <invite_at_spam.to.invalid> wrote in message
> >
> > Have you set the PATH for the shared libraries?
> > Can you run sqlplus and connect to a database?
> >

> Sorry, I forgot to mention - yes, I have prepended the PATH environment
> variable with the path of the 64-bit files.
>
> AFAIK, the sqlplus comes with the full client and the DB. It is certainly
> not included with the instantclient.

I have found that, with some client installs (I can't say about this one) that the ODBC drivers are not installed by default. You have to do a custom install and specifically select the windows components. This can be done after the initial default install. Received on Wed Aug 23 2006 - 12:30:14 CDT