Re: Can you hint a table from a 'Merged' view...?

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2006 01:51:11 -0700

> You need to look at leading(), with a full
> batch of hints. In the example you give
> something like:
>
> select
> /*+ leading (X, v1.B, v1.a) use_hash(v1.b) use_hash(v1.a) */
> from
> X,
> v1
> where

Do I have to use the LEADING hint for this to work...? I'm not interested in the join order of the query, that seems to be OK. The optimizer is joining into V1.B at a suitable time, but I just want that join to be a HASH join instead of an NL join.

I've played around with the leading hint but it appears that the optimizer always ignores any instructions related to order (i.e. LEADING or ORDERED hints) unless I use a NO_MERGE hint for the V1 view.

Matt Received on Wed Aug 23 2006 - 03:51:11 CDT