Re: No more Oracle Standard Edition for VMS

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:24:23 +0200

On 22 Aug 2006 21:08:06 -0700, nothome_at_spammers.are.scum (Malcolm Dunnett) wrote:

>I've been told that the decision to kill Standard Edition
>for VMS is "not final". I would encourage anyone out there
>who uses, or has any interest in using, Standard Edition
>on VMS to contact your Oracle rep and let them know you'd
>like the product to continue. If you know anyone else
>who uses this product please let them know too. Surely I
>can't be the only customer on the planet, can I?

I wouldn't be surprised is OpenVMS is going to be a desupported platform soon. If you realize how many options are simply not available for OpenVMS, and how kludgy Oracle implemented and documented OFA, you realize you would better change O/S, if you want to continue Oracle.
The number of customers on the planet might number less than 10.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA