Re: Oracle 10g - price and expiration?

From: Jörg Horchler <joerg.horchler_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:46:37 +0200

Hi,

Oracle will run without a license with no problems or limitations (this is illegal if you are using Oracle for other purposes than developing agains it). But you can use the new Oracle 10g Express Edition. This is a Oracle Edition which is limited in its features (one can not create tablespaces for example, the size of user data is limited to a few gigabytes, it runs on one CPU only ...) but can be used without a license. (I think it is allowed to distribute it with applications too.)

Regards
Jörg