Re: Oracle Update Syntax

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:12:36 -0700

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> BS schreef:

>>> You miss a select, you should have something
>>> along the line of:

> [snip]
>>
>> Not working...
>>

> I knew that it wouldn't. Hence the "along the line of" :D
>
> I believe in teaching a man to fish, rather than feeding
> him once.

Good advice for everyone here whose first instinct it to provide OP's with the answer. School at colleges and universities will be getting back in the swing of things in September and we will, again, be treated to students wanting someone to do their homework for them. Please resist the urge.

If the problem involves tables and columns in SCOTT, HR, OE, PM, etc. it is schoolwork.

Thanks.

And no I am not saying Schreef's question is school work. Just that Frank's answer reminded me that it is that time of year again.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington