Re: Can you hint a table from a 'Merged' view...?

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2006 00:10:28 -0700

> Look up 'Specifying global table hints' in the Performance Tuning
> Guide.
>
> Jaap.

Thanks for the feedback - I've been playing around with global hints....

I can get a very basic example working but what I want is subtley different.

Global hints allow me to influence a join method for a table inside a view, but what I want to do is to influence the optimizer to use a HASH join when joining to a table which is merged into the top level query.

e.g. the view joins table A and table B, and the calling (outer) query joins table X and the view. Table B is merged into the outer query so I want to get the optimizer to join table X to table B via a HASH join.  I can't seem to get this to work via a global hint.

Do you know if this is achievable...?

Matt Received on Tue Aug 22 2006 - 02:10:28 CDT