Re: Installing RMAN

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:36:01 +0200

BS schreef:
> Guru's
>
> I installed a new 10g database and have an old 8i database. I'm trying
> to install RMAN on both of these so I can so a copy of the database
> from 8i to 10g.
>
> Any pointers to good documents / Sites that I can refer to for doing
> this other than the Oracle RMAN manuals?
>
> Thanks

RMAN comes with the database install, so there's no need to "install RMAN"

What worries me, is you understanding of what RMAN can do. It cannot "copy" an 8i database to 10g.
If you want 8i copied, run an export on your 8i environment, and import on your 10g.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...