Can you hint a table from a 'Merged' view...?

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Aug 2006 01:55:14 -0700

Oracle 10.2.0.2 SE and Windows.

I have a view which has been merged into an outer query. I want to apply a USE_HASH hint to one of the tables the view. Is it possible to do this....?

If so, where does the hint go (in the view definition or in the calling query). Do I need to use the table alias from the view definition or the full table name or the view alias...?

Matt Received on Mon Aug 21 2006 - 03:55:14 CDT