Re: Auto Datafile Creation - How to aktivate ?

From: Eagle Fan <eagle.f_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Aug 2006 01:27:35 -0700

oracle noob wrote:
> I want to create a new data file automatical, not extend an old one.
>
> This is the DDL sql, we use
>
> ALTER TABLESPACE "USERS" ADD DATAFILE '/oradata/xyz/users01.dbf' SIZE
> 4194304K REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 1280K MAXSIZE 4096M
>

> The Datafile have to be smaler than 4,4 Gbyte.

You can add a cron job to check the tablespace status for every 5 or 15 minutes.

You need to check the freespace of the tablespace, the free extent fragmentation if you are using DMT, the max next extent size and something else you concerned

If you find the tablespace is "FULL" ( you define the "FULL" ), you can automatically add DATAFILES to the tablespace Received on Mon Aug 21 2006 - 03:27:35 CDT