Re: Oracle Guidence

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 02:49:48 GMT

"vijay0003" <vijay0003_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155993080.969800.130190_at_i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>I want to be ocp certified. I dont know where to begin and how? anyone
> there to guide me?

Firstly, learn Oracle and *really* understand how to administer it.

Then when you feel really confident and think yourself competent enough to look after an organisation's critical databases, you'll finally realise you don't need the OCP at all and that the ability to answer a few multiple choice questions isn't that relevant after all.

Of course, if someone pays for you to get it, what the heck.

At my last interview, the panel considered my answer "brave" when I suggested they would be foolish to put any bearing on my competency on the fact I was an OCP. They thanked me for my honesty and got job regardless ...

Cheers ;)

Richard Received on Sun Aug 20 2006 - 21:49:48 CDT