Re: syncronize two tables

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 16:02:31 -0700

beersa.beersa_at_gmail.com wrote:
> It is NOT a materialized view.
> The view definition are same as table definition.
> What do u mean version x?
> Sorry, am just new to oracle.
>
> Thanks again.
>

>> You assume there is a generic problem with views in version x.
>> Because of your assumption you withheld both version x and the view
>> definition.
>> You also don't tell whether it is a real view or a materialized view
>> or whether you verified the consistency of tb_1 and tb_2.
>> Do we still need to explain to you, doing so you can't expect any
>>

>> --
>> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Given that you state that you are new I will be a bit more charitable than Sybrand.

  1. Do not top post. People read from top to bottom and it is this group's standard to do so as well. Scroll to the bottom of all posts before adding your content.
  2. 'x' means you didn't provide a version number so 'x' is a variable indicating we have no idea what you are working with and you should always provide hardware, os, and version with all posts. Such as:

"I am having a problem with my 10.1.0.4 database running on Solaris on an UltraSparc 5."

3. You didn't respond to the question about the underlying tables.

If you still don't understand contact me off-line and I will try to help you.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington