Re: Corrupt current redo log file

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:43:26 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:18:01 -0700, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
> wrote:
>

>> I'm not saying there are no organizations with thinking so muddled but a
>> metalink administrator can create and drop access accounts on-the-fly.
>>
>> If I have someone working on a project what do I gain by saying "here is
>> access to my data and databases but I am going to deny you access to a
>> valuable resource until you've been here 6 months and proven you don't
>> need it."
>>
>> Does anyone work in a shop that thinks this way? I'm interested.

> I've been working for an organization where people by default weren't
> allowed to use the Internet (had to be ok-ed by management, and
> Internet usage was charged)
> and weren't allowed to call long-distance (ie outside Amsterdam)
> Hell, I couldn't even call Oracle Support in the Dutch office!
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Amazing. Truly amazing. Once again I am thankful that I am in the US Pacific Northwest (at least for professional purposes).

Had someone again yesterday ask me to advise them on whether to move to 10.2.0.2 or wait until 11g? These questions are already being discussed at local companies.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington