Re: How to clear alerts in Grid Control

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Aug 2006 10:26:15 -0700

sigdock wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we've just impemented Grid Control (10g release2 on SLES9) to monitor
> our databases, application server and lots of other stuff. However
> after installation and configuration of 135 targets I have a lot of
> alerts and policy violations. Is there a quick or easy way to get rid
> of these messages? I was able to select some of them and remove them
> with a 'clear' button but that was only a small part.
>
> tia,
> Bert Jan Meinders

We've been trying to find an answer for this as well. We did notice that when we first brought up a list, there was a column of check boxes on the left. Some of these were greyed out. We checked the ones we could, and selected delete (or remove, or some such) and the selected items were gone, but the ones we weren't allowed to select were still there and the check boxes themselves were gone. And an interesting observation ... we were looking at some of the 'screen watches' (http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/oem/htdocs/demos.html) and noticed that in their walk-through of looking at alerts, the sample showed the list *with* checkboxes -- and if you look closely, you'll see that some are greyed out and some aren't. No mention was made of this during the animation. Received on Fri Aug 18 2006 - 12:26:15 CDT