Re: Corrupt current redo log file

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:18:01 -0700

hpuxrac wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:

>> 1. Don't top post.
>> 2. Work on your resume. Any organization that will let a database go
>> down and then not get a metalink account for someone until they've been
>> in pain for 6 months is not an employer you want to stay with.

> Some places hire people that may not be there very long. Some places
> do not give immediate access to metalink.
>
> It's a test system that he apparently shot a hole in.

I'm not saying there are no organizations with thinking so muddled but a metalink administrator can create and drop access accounts on-the-fly.

If I have someone working on a project what do I gain by saying "here is access to my data and databases but I am going to deny you access to a valuable resource until you've been here 6 months and proven you don't need it."

Does anyone work in a shop that thinks this way? I'm interested.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington