Re: Problem when WIndows 2000 Server is rebooted

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 23:26:43 +0100

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:

> > My third party application which uses Oracle 10g is also shutdown when
> > server is rebooted, but I do not know how to ensure application is
> > shutdown before Oracle. Third party application installs its own
> > services (similar to Oracle). I do not think, it is application, which
> > is causing problem.

> > Appreciate any ideas.

> When you are ready to perform a shutdown:
> Look at gv$process and gv$session
> You need to know what it is.

Daniel,

you're not exactly a shrinking violet when it comes to enforcing netiquette and the charter around this ng, so I would just remind you that it is polite to *_SNIP_* from time to time esp. for those who still have to use dialup. Did you *_really_* have to quote 140 lines just to add 3?

Paul... (my pet hate!)

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.1.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.