Re: Oracle 10g enterprise on windows xp pro - startup problems from time to time?

From: mathias.ringhof <mathias.ringhof_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2006 04:12:44 -0700

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply. I think you were right, there is something about crash recovery in the log when the database starts up. Can't I just shutdown the OS or do I have to stop the instance before shutting down?

Btw, I tried to shut the instance via the web interface down and he keeps telling me wrong username/password, but it's definitly correct... phew, I might have a lot to learn ^_^ never had this kind of trouble with my old ms sql 2000...

Thanks again!

Mathias Ringhof