Inactive sessions in Oracle

From: <aone1504_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2006 00:43:22 -0700

We have sessions created in Oracle database for user queries, that remain Inactive for long and sometimes they prevent further access to the database( we get error message from oracle on further access).

Is it possible to access these sessions (and their attributes like, time when the session is created) from Unix Shell script, so that we can kill these sessions from O/S level, based on the duration of inactivity.

Thanx. Received on Thu Aug 17 2006 - 02:43:22 CDT