Re: Corrupt current redo log file

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:33:30 -0700

peter wrote:

> OK Sir. I will send all details in future. I talked to my senior also.
> But he told me I would get my metalink user id after 6 months only.
>
> Well my operating system is Windows XP, Oracle version is Oracle 9i
> (9.2.0.7).
> Alert file I don't have now.I was testing these scenarios on test
> server.
>
> DA Morgan wrote:

>> peter wrote:
>>> My database is in Mount stage.I am facing current redo log file corrupt
>>> problem. According to books also we can issue one command through which
>>> we can remove this problem, which is :
>>>
>>> Alter database clear noarchive logfile group 4;
>>>
>>> But it is giving error, even recover command and resetlogs are also not
>>> working.
>>> Anyone please help me.
>> Impossible to know as we don't know how you got there? You really need
>> to write as much as is necessary to describe your hardware, operating
>> system, Oracle version and edition, how you got to where you are, post
>> the tail of the alert log, etc.
>>
>> Then hopefully someone will give you a large stick you can use to beat
>> some sense into your IT management for not getting you a metalink
>> account. ;-)
>> --
>> Daniel A. Morgan
>> University of Washington
>> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>> (replace x with u to respond)
>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
>> www.psoug.org
  1. Don't top post.
  2. Work on your resume. Any organization that will let a database go down and then not get a metalink account for someone until they've been in pain for 6 months is not an employer you want to stay with. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan_at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org