Re: Ora10g installed...now what ? :-)

From: Fabio Cannavaro <fatti_at_icazzi.tuoi>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:00:16 +0200

hpuxrac wrote:

> Try looking at http://asktom.oracle.com and do some simple searching
> for a start.

Thx for advice, I'll do it for sure.

> I would recommend that you consider starting by getting and reading (
> several times from cover to cover ) Tom Kyte's new book "Expert Oracle
> Database Architecture".

I am not an expert :-) ...do you think this book is better than "Oracle Database 10g: a beginner's guide" ?

> The biggest mistake you can make with oracle is to try to treat it the
> way one ( is forced to ) interact with SQL Server.

I come from 4 years of sql server...now I'm starting to think is very difficult to change basis of known architecture :-(

Well, if there isn't a paper with architectural differences between them...I'll write and publish when I'll master Ora :-)

Bye.

F. Received on Wed Aug 16 2006 - 14:00:16 CDT