Selective Replication

From: bernard (bernard_at_bosvark.com) <bernard_at_bosvark.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2006 09:17:27 -0700

Scenario: Have two schemas (A and A_HIST) in the same database. A is used for currents (old data gets deleted) an A_HIST is used to capture data from A. Data never gets deleted from A_HIST. So A_HIST is currents and all the historic data too used for reporting.

Current Implementation: Using Triggers on 20 tables in A to replicate insert and updates to A_HIST tables.

Problem: I want to reduce the resource overhead (latches) of triggers and have flexibility of possibly have the A_HIST schema in a different database. I know database links on the triggers will provide this flexibility but all SQL and data changes are already captured in the redo and archive logs so Advanced Replication (using streams) should be faster, right?

Trotting though the documentation I can not determine if it is possible to only replicate INSERT, UPDATE and MERGE statements over the replicated schema using Advanced Replication, has anyone done this before? Had a quick search on asktom too, no luck.

Resources available: AIX 5.3, 10.2.0.1 (soon 10.2.0.2) and RAC

I'm open for other solutions too.

Thank you in advance

Regards
Bernard Received on Wed Aug 16 2006 - 11:17:27 CDT